Laurent Roumier comes from a prominent background, he is:
- Grandson of the legendary Georges Roumier
- Cousin of Christophe Roumier who manages Domain George Roumier today
- Son of Alain Roumier who was the cellar master for Comte de Vogue for 30 years
The Laurent Roumier estate is actually part of the Domaine Georges Roumier which started from 4 hectares of vines in 1991, after worked with his brother for several years. He gradually expanded the domain, and now has 12.5 hectares of vines. The vineyards are entirely located in Chambolle-Musigny. The vines are on average 35 years old, and they are planted traditionally with neither fertilizer nor herbicide. All of the vines are harvested by hand.
- Alcohol %: Assumed 13-15% based on typical range for the region
- Decant Time: 1 hour
- Taste: Savory, Classic, Red fruit, Earthy, Spice
- Food Matching: Duck breast with a cherry sauce, Roasted quail with wild mushrooms, Beef tenderloin with a red wine reduction, Epoisses cheese
- Grape Variety:
The 2017 Domaine Laurent Roumier Bonnes-Mares Grand Cru is a testament to the classic and savory profile of Burgundy's esteemed Pinot Noir. With a rich history rooted in the traditional winemaking practices passed down through generations, this wine is crafted from old vines averaging 35 years of age, ensuring depth and complexity. The manual and meticulous harvest, followed by old-style winemaking, imparts exceptional aromas and a palate that balances red fruit with earthy undertones and a hint of spice. Decanting for an hour unveils its full potential, making it an exquisite pairing for sophisticated dishes such as duck breast with cherry sauce or roasted quail.